Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pattern Play On Line class

Last week I took an Online Class called 'Pattern Play' with the very  talented Jeniffer McGuire and Kristina Werner and other very creative artists. I enjoyed the classes very much but I hardly had time to watch the videos every day, and now I'm playing 'catch up' with the homework.
I've learnt really some simple but creative ways to use pattern papers. On the third day Kristina gave us 3 tips on using "hard to use pp"
  •  Break up the pattern by cutting it into sections with neutral card stock behind it.
  • Keep the rest of the card simple.
  • Allow the pattern to take center stage—embrace the pretty paper!
So, I came up with this idea of using 'like arrow points' instead of stripes, I cut these with a square Spellbinders thin die.

I forgot about the 'neutral cardstock' behind the pp, and I used green, but I like that matches the leaves.
Thanks for visiting me today. Have a blessed rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything so unique and pretty! I love those angled strips of dsp and the beautiful resulting card! Way to rock that difficult-to-use patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol! Your kind words mean a lot to me. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete